All vounteers with CEF in Pennsylvania must complete several background checks including a state criminal record check, a child abuse history form, and an FBI clearance. Please follow these steps to complete the forms:
Note: If you do not live in Pennsylvania, please contact our office at 717-762-2115 about the steps you need to follow.
1. Please print, read, and sign this Confidential Screening Form. This needs to be returned to us. If you are not able to print, let us know and we'll mail you one.
2. Complete the free Request for Criminal Background Check. You can download it here, print it out and return it by mail. The form states that you need to send $10, but that is no longer true as of July 25, 2015. Send the form without payment.
Pennsylvania State Police
Central Repository - 164
1800 Elmerton Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17110-9758
or you fill it out online by going to https://epatch.state.pa.us
Childline and Abuse Registry
Department of Public Welfare
PO Box 8170
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8170
or you can fill it out online by going to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS This will require you to create a user name and password.
5. If you have not lived in PA for the last 10 years, you must be fingerprinted. Go to Identogo and follow the instructions.
You will receive the processed clearances by mail. If you do them online, the first one will come back immediately, the second one may take several weeks. Please make a copy of each one and get that to us and any other organization in PA where you volunteer.
6. Please read through this Child Protection Policy. You don't need to print it or sign it.
8. Mandated Reporter Training is required by all club leaders. (not required for helpers at this time) Please complete this training by going to www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu
This training is free, but will take three hours of time to complete. When finished, please print the certificate and mail us a copy.
Please call Michelle Russell at 717-762-2115 if you have any questions.
Child Evangelism Fellowship of Franklin/Fulton Counties
45 S Broad St
PO Box 6
Waynesboro, PA 17268
Or use our contact form.
Our hours vary depending on clubs and class schedules. Please call before stopping by.